- Microsoft, NSA confirm killer Windows 10 bug, but a patch is available
- Rumors mount that a major bug could be disclosed on the day Microsoft ends support for Windows 7
- What is security's role in digital transformation?
- This Firefox vulnerability is so bad, the U.S. government is urging users to patch it immediately
- Cisco issues critical security warnings for Data Centre Network Manager
The Modern Data Platform: A Necessity in Today’s Rapidly- Changing Business Climate
Business needs are changing rapidly. Digitisation, the Internet of Things (IoT), and social media are creating a data-driven culture where the amount and variety of information being produced is growing exponentially. New customer demands and the current prevalence of digital disruptors are also contributing towards this trend.
Against this background, traditional data warehouses are coming under fire. Many existing platforms are rigid and unable to combine diverse data types. In addition, they often fail to support ad-hoc reporting and can't answer forward-looking questions. As such, flexible, agile, and reliable data warehousing solutions are more necessary than ever. It is high time to adopt a modern data platform.
This white paper examines the five key challenges inherent in a traditional data warehouse approach (inflexible structure, complex architecture, slow performance, outdated technology, lack of governance) and explains how a modern data platform, based on SAP HANA®, can help eliminate them.